How to Use the FollowPlanner Proxy Utility Tool
The FollowPlanner Proxy Utility Tool allows users to use their own home IP as a proxy while automating Instagram. To get started, please follow these directions:
- Download the FollowPlanner Proxy Utility Tool here.
- Once the download has finished, run the installer. Since this is a new tool, you may get some warnings from your antivirus, operating system, or your browser. The tool is completely harmless, so please ignore all warnings, and run the tool. You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus in order to run the installer properly.
- Once the tool is installed, run the application.
- The application will run in the background, so please navigate to taskbar section on Windows, and locate the black FollowPlanner rocket icon. Once you have found the icon, click on it.
- Once you click on the rocket icon, you should see a login screen. Here you should enter your FollowPlanner username and password. You should also see your home network IP address followed by the randomly assigned port: 51587 in the example.
- Once you login, you will see a temporary “Syncing” screen. Once the syncing is completed, you will either see the red circle icon turn green, or you will see an error notification. If you see the green icon, please go to step 9. If you see the following error:
“Failed to sync proxy, please make sure the port is open as we couldn't forward it.”, please continue to step 7.
- Some routers don't support UPnP so we cannot forward the port magically. In order to resolve this, you will need to forward the port assigned port in your router administrator panel.
- All routers are different, so all routers will have different settings. Some routers will simply have an “On/off” button for Port Forwarding, and some might require you to create a new rule for port forwarding. Typically, this is something you would enter for an port forward rule.
If you are required to enter a Local IP Address, you can figure this out by opening a command prompt, and typing in “IPCONFIG”. This should display all of your local IP information. You need to enter your IPv4 address in your router port forwarding settings.
Once the port is open, you can try Syncing the Utility Tool again, and you should see a green light.
You may need to restart the router for the port forwarding changes to take effect.
- Now that your circle icon is green, that means the utility successfully set up the proxy server on the computer and synced it with your FollowPlanner account and it's ready to use.
Note: Your home IP proxy will only work in FollowPlanner when the Utility Tool is running on your desktop. The tool doesn’t automatically load on Windows start-up, but it can be configured that way if you know how to edit your start-up apps.